[DRMAA-WG] Conference call - Feb 3rd - 20:00 UTC

Daniel Gruber D.Gruber at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 5 11:27:00 CST 2010

Attendees: Peter, Dan, Roger, Mariusz, Daniel G.

Meeting secretary: Daniel G.

2.) WIKI introduction
-> make comments!
-> please ask for editing rights when you want
   to work something out
-> in future calls we go through all comments
-> be aware of the red thread safety blocks (put
   in here your implementation experiences/problems
   related to multi-threading)

3.) Job object / String duality

getJobs() -> returns Job object or String?

- performance is in theoretical complexity the same
1. Sequence of job objects (is in IDL an arbitrary construct),
  language bindings can find a smart way?
2. Filter approach (implies filtering language? too much overhead).
  -> Agreed solution: Filtering with templates!

4.) Open Issues

File staging (like LSF/Condor/PBS) explicit

- DRMAA ignores security problems!
- File staging as an optional attribute in JobTemplate

Errors:
1. Attribute not supported?
2. Transfer not possible because of security?
3. Transfer not allowed in this configuration

Agreed: Old approach with hostname in streams is not further
supported.

Q: More than one file staging operation?
-> Wildcards or directories
- wildcards depending on shell
- but * should be supportable by any of them
Q: Copy and move?
- Restrict to copy operation

Cheers

Daniel