[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA2

Nadav Brandes nadavbrandes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:24:28 CST 2010

I'm glad to hear that, I was concerned that it might take longer.

Now, in a little delay, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Nadav Brandes, and I work for an HPC organization. We currently
work with SGE and LSF, and soon we also plan to work with MOAB (wrapping
Torque).

Recently we have a major interest in DRMAA, which we believe can make our
life with distributed resource managers a lot easier.

A few weeks ago, I downloaded a DRMAA implementation for SGE and tested it
for a while. I must admit that I was a little disappointed with the limited
interface and possibilities given by this version of DRMAA.

Now I saw the documentation of the planned interface for DRMAA2, and I find
it to be a great improvement, and very useful for my organization. I am
truly anxious to try it, and have some more questions about its release:

   - Do you know which distributed resource manager will be the first to
   implement DRMAA2? (SGE maybe?) Also, do you have any estimation on when
   it'll happen, and when will I be able to download a trial version of it?
   - Is it still possible to suggest ideas that we have about the interface
   of DRMAA2? If so, how is it done? Is it customary to share ideas in this
   forum, or do you prefer it to be done through Wiki?

Thanks,

Nadav