[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA2: Partial time stamp discussion

Tue Mar 17 09:01:55 CDT 2009

I agree that the PartialTimestamp needs to go.  No one has ever used it,
and it's by far the hardest part of the Java language binding
implementation.  Regular date objects are more than sufficient.

As for which date/time standard we pick, I don't so much care.  Like
with Condor, whatever we pick will have to be converted for SGE.
Because Java uses RFC822 timezone format, I tend towards RFC822, but I
can be swayed.

Daniel