[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA2 - The work starts now

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Wed Sep 3 08:01:25 CDT 2008

Dear all,

the public survey about the next DRMAA API version was recently closed.
You might also have noticed the proposed recommendation status for the
IDL DRMAA description (GFD.130,see www.ogf.org). All in all, this is the
perfect time to kick off the real work on the next version, as decided
by co-chairs on the last conf call.

I therefore created the attached draft document, based on GFD.130, which
contains (hopefully) all issues for "DRMAA2" we are currently aware off.

Working group members:
Read this document, pick your favorite issue, and make a proposal for
improvement. Some of them demand major DRMS research, some of them not.
Consult the according tracker pages. Your change proposals will be
finally decided on the next phone conferences. I will act as editor for
the draft document until somebody else wants to.

DRMAA implementors / users:
Check if your favorite DRMAA API 'bug' is mentioned in this document. If
not, please inform us.

This is just a starting point, and should not hold back implementations
or language bindings for the current DRMAA version. For example, we will
provide an official DRMAA v1.0 Python binding in the near future.

Good luck and thanks for helping,