[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA test suite moved

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Fri Aug 29 06:25:27 CDT 2008

Dear all,
> I'd suggest adding a simple test case for the drmaa_wifaborted()
> confusion I bumped into recently. The test could:

Great idea, I did that by extending two existing test cases
(ST_SUBMIT_IN_HOLD_DELETE and ST_SUBMIT_KILL_SIG). The test suite
version is therefore now 1.6.0.

> - submit a job in hold state,
> - drmaa_control(TERMINATE) and drmaa_wait(),
> - assure that drmaa_wifaborted() == true, drmaa_wifexited() ==
> drmaa_wifsignaled() == drmaa_wifcoredumped() == false,
>
> - submit a long job (e.g. /bin/sleep 3600),
> - wait (polling) for it to start,
> - drmaa_control(TERMINATE) and drmaa_wait(),
> - assure that drmaa_wifsignaled() == true, drmaa_wifexited() ==
> drmaa_wifaborted() == drmaa_wifcoredumped() == false,

wifexited() must be 0 for the first case, and !=0 for the second case.
GFD.133 is (finally) very clear about that:

"Evaluates into 'exited' a non-zero value if stat was returned for a job
that either failed after running or finished after running"

wifexited() should tell you if the job has an exit code, which is only
possible if it ever was executed.

> I'm not 100% sure, but I guess SGE fails the second test...

I tested the latest Condor for Windows and Linux. It fails now with the
first test, since it returns wifexited()!=0 even though the job was
terminated before running. I will fix that for the next Condor release,
if we agree on my interpretation of the spec.

Somebody else (Andreas ?) need to check SGE.

Thanks,