[DRMAA-WG] 2007 Nov 06 Meeting Minutes

Roger Brobst rogerb at cadence.com
Tue Nov 6 13:12:18 CST 2007

In attendance:
    Hrabri, Andreas, Roger, Dan

> A. Meeting secretary for this meeting?

    Roger

>B. Acceptance of the last meeting, Oct 23, 2007 call minutes

Accepted without change request.

> C. Current documents status
>	- GFD.022 Recommendation document published
>          (link from DRMAA.org?)
>	- IDL DRMAA doc submitted

>D. OGF 21 DRMAA report

>E. Current discussion items
>	- DRMAA logo and branding

Further ideas for DRMAA logo should be posted and discussed
via group email list.

Discussed that a DRMAA Branding effort might help with ISV
adoption, but is fundamentally a marketing task for which
we have no owner.

>	- Additional DRMAA documents

Rough consensus that C-binding and Java-binding docs
should be introduced into 'Recommended' Document Track
(as opposed to 'Informational').

>	- SC'07

As per OGF-21 drmaa session, we are expecting
Platform Computing to make an announcement with
respect to DRMAA support.

After SC'07, the drmaa-wg will need to consider how
to proceed.
What featureSet would be sufficient for a "next release" ?
Is modular,incremental progress a possibility ... need
to consider that we need to gain experience with features.
We have Trackers for some proposed features,
need to encourage other proposals.