[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - drmaa_wi* POSIX equivalents I

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue May 1 21:13:17 CDT 2007

Issue:

Using drmaa_wifaborted(), drmaa_wifexited(), drmaa_wifsignaled(), etc.
is tedious and error-prone. For example, it's not clear what the right
order of all the calls should be and what if none of them gives a
meaningful answer, i.e. the job exit status could not be determined
somehow. Some one-call semantics to get job exit status should be
considered. Of course, this would kill all these formal POSIX semantics
of wait and wif* functions.

I agree here that the usage is not straightforward sometimes.  We wanted
to follow POSIX for conformity, so many developers are expected to be
already familiar with the macros semantics.

This is a complex issue that requires substantial effort, so we need to
mark this issue as the future versions work.

-Hrabri