[DRMAA-WG] normal exit status causes drmaa_wifaborted

Thu Mar 29 12:38:21 CDT 2007

Tim,

Exit code 99 is for rescheduling.  Exit code 100 indicates an error that
prevents the job from running, hence the aborted thing.  You can disable
both of them using qmaster parameters.  See the sge_conf man page.

I'm a bit surprised that you're having trouble with exit codes over
100.  See the following:

 > qsub -b y -sync y exit 18
Your job 257 ("exit 18") has been submitted
Job 257 exited with exit code 18.
 > qsub -b y -sync y exit 101
Your job 258 ("exit 101") has been submitted
Job 258 exited with exit code 101.
 > qsub -b y -sync y exit 248
Your job 259 ("exit 248") has been submitted
Job 259 exited with exit code 248.

qsub and DRMAA are the same source base, so if it works for qsub, it
should work for DRMAA.  (qsub -sync y and DRMAA both call japi_wait().)

Daniel