[DRMAA-WG] some questions on "DRMAA JOB TEMPLATE ATTRIBUTES"

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 02:45:47 CST 2007

Happy New Year everyone :)

Peter Zhu wrote:
>    Another question,
>    While I write a SGE script file for parallel job,
> the script file looks like this,
>    /usr/local/mpich-ifort/bin/mpirun -np $NSLOTS
> /home/group1/test/test_arg 4
>    SGE6 will give $NSLOTS a suitable value while it
> submits the job. If I want to do this only through
> DRMAA API, how to implement it.

I have been thinking about the same problem, AFAIK at present this is
not covered by the standard, SGE_TASK_ID is another such example.

However, I think this can easily be implemented by the various DRM
vendors through a small utility/script, e.g.

drmaa -t	# return task id
drmaa -n	# return number of procs/slots
etc.

then, in your script you would have