[DRMAA-WG] New version of DRMAA C binding document

Mon Sep 25 11:25:31 CDT 2006

Hi all,

find attached a new version of 1.0 compliant DRMAA C binding spec.

>From what I have seen the only error we had in Feb 2005 version
was the incomplete errno definition list. I fixed this and
checked a couple of other issues that were filed against
C binding spec on forge.gridforum.org.

Now the only remaining issue according forgee.gridforum.org is

     #1141 C binding document needs to elaborate on meaning of shared module

the current statement about this is

    "4. Late Binding and Portability

     DRMAA implementations SHALL be provided as shared modules that may be
     dynamically linked into an application at run time.  An application
     SHALL NOT be required to directly load more than one library in order
     to use a DRMAA implementation. The name by which the run time linker
     will identify the library which an application will directly load SHALL
     be "drmaa".  On many platforms, this name will translate into the file
     name, "libdrmaa.so".  On some platforms, the library file name MAY be different."

does anyone have a proposal how to improve this paragraph?

Thanks,
Andreas