[drmaa-wg] Simultaneous waits on the same job id?

Ed Baskerville lists at edbaskerville.com
Fri Jun 23 15:32:16 CDT 2006

With all the discussion of wait in multithreaded contexts, I thought
I'd throw out another related question...

Are multiple threads allowed to wait simultaneously on the same job
id and get back results, or is it required that one of them gets back
DRMAA_ERRNO_INVALID_JOB? That is, is it possible for the data to be
reaped simultaneously for multiple waiting threads, or must only one
of them be lucky enough to get the data back?

For Xgrid, either way is straightforward to implement; obviously
having the option of returning data to multiple simultaneous calls
would be nice, but I want to get the semantics right.

--Ed