[drmaa-wg] DRMAA test suite

Thu Jun 22 11:44:38 CDT 2006

Piotr,

The first one is addessed by tracker 1683:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/artf2796?nav=1

The second is addressed by tracker 1400:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/artf2798?nav=1

Peter,

Looking through the IDL spec, it says that drmaa_wait(ANY) will only
work on jobs submitted up to the time of the drmaa_wait() call.  I don't
like that.  For drmaa_synchronize(ALL), it makes sense, because
otherwise the call would block indefinitely in an active system.  With
drmaa_wait(), however, that change prevents a very useful use case.  Say
I want to write a thread that waits for jobs to end and places their
finish information in a data structure for other threads to read.  With
that caveat applied, if I submit one very long-running job before
drmaa_wait() gets called, the hundreds of really short jobs that I
submit after the drmaa_wait() call have to wait for the long-running job
to end so that the next call to drmaa_wait() can see them.  That's bad,
and I don't see where it makes anything better.  What problem does
limiting drmaa_wait() to previously submitted jobs solve?

Hrabri,

The 0.35 IDL spec is *still* mislinked from drmaa.org.  The right link is:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.drmaa-wg/docman.root.ggf_14/doc5555/2

Daniel