[drmaa-wg] New GridForge

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jun 7 10:30:47 CDT 2006

Andreas Haas schrieb:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Peter Troeger wrote:
>

>>Dear all,
>>
>>the new GridForge seems now to be finished, so DRMAA is also back again:
>>
>>https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/drmaa-wg
>>
>>I would like to take the chance for the following changes in our outside
>>world representation:
>>
>>* Change DRMAA.ORG start page to one of the DRMAA Wiki pages. We anyway
>>need to correct all links, so it is the same work to prepare this wiki
>>page. I would suggest to stick with our own Wiki installation -
>>DRMAA.ORG should not completely rely on GridForge availability ;-) ...
>>
>>* Change the GridForge project startup page, and replace charts with
>>some informative text.
>

> I agree with both.
>

>>* Move the DRMAA test suite source code and binary releases to GridForge.
>>
>>Comments ?
>

> Does the latter have any implication on DRMAA test suite source license?

Sun donated the N1GE test suite code without restrictions to DRMAA
group. The group made several modifications to it, so it is now really a
piece work by itself. I don't see a reason while code in GridForge falls
under any GGF software licence. So far, only the specs and presentations
are copyrighted by GGF.

Hrabri, this might be a good question for our area directors.

Peter.