[drmaa-wg] drmaa_wifsignaled() on Windows

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 26 15:34:38 CST 2006

> Does Condor installation install the Interix subsystem?  I do not
> think
> it is a common service on Windows.

No, it does not. Condor Windows is a native Win32 application.

> The functionality could be needed in a mixed environment when the jobs
> are submitted thru DRMAA on Windows but run on Unix.

Exactly,  the crucial point is the type of execution host. When I
submit a Unix binary from a Windows machine, the result of
drmaa_wifsignaled() is useful even  on the Windows submission host.
When I submit a Windows job from some operating system, then
drmaa_wifsignaled() cannot provide any useful information, and I can
only rely on the exit code of the job.

Regards,
Peter.