[drmaa-wg] Feb 21st 2006 Meeting Minutes

Tue Feb 21 11:50:57 CST 2006

o Minutes for Jan 24th
  - Accepted
o Doc schedule
  - Ready by April to submit everything
o IDL doc strategy
  - We have a few months (~6) before we're done with 1.0 spec
  - Could use that time to start on IDL doc
  - After we're done, we have to dissolve
  - Put together IDL docs and submit them as proposed recommendation
  - Java and .Net docs should also get submitted
  - Be in better position for DRMAA 2 WG
  - May need to recruit some new members if we want a new WG
  - If our only goal is to have it published somewhere, GFD might be a
better path
  - Peter and Dan will be in charge of getting the IDL doc published,
somehow
  - We just need to make sure we don't lose the work when we disband
o DRMAA Wiki
  - GridForge will be getting a Wiki
  - Need to consider backups & maintentance
  - Happy to have our own Wiki
  - A lot of work to join an existing community
  - Be better to leverage product communities than GGF community
    . Where the momentum comes from
  - We have a functional solution, so let's just keep things as they are
  - Backups are currently a worry, but there's so little to backup, it's
not much of an issue
o Trackers
  - Finally caught up
  - All fixed except 1151
    . Incompatible changes are problematic
    . Delay until after 1.0 -- agreed
  - Someone please close the fixed issues
  - Will send around latest version of the spec
  - 781 -- Will back-link to job category and native spec chapters
  - 1125 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc and the SGE man pages
  - 1289 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc
  - 1396 -- Delay for IDL spec
  - 1566 -- Delay for post-1.0 discussion
  - 1568 -- Handle offline
  - 1587 -- Delay for IDL spec
  - 1683 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc
  - 1684 -- Rejected
  - 1686 -- Agreed, need to augment for empty session (1568)
  - 1727 -- Delay for post-1.0 discussion
  - All fixed trackers must be worked into the spec
  - Need independent verification
    . Except for very minor fixes
  - No remaining issues
o SGE Exp Doc
  - Still need to wrap it up
  - Should be done by mid March

*         Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749           *
*        Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine          *
* "What's the sense in never thinkin' 'bout the tomb *
*  When you're much too busy returning to the womb?" *
*                  -They Might Be Giants             *