[drmaa-wg] DRMAA for Torque

Mon Feb 6 08:29:43 CST 2006

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll file an issue against SGE, and add
the missing error code.

Daniel

Peter Troeger wrote On 02/04/06 21:46,:

>Am 04.02.2006 um 21:26 schrieb Peter Troeger:
>

>>>Meanwhile I'm surprised by something: in the ST_SUPPORTED_ATTR
>>>test the
>>>program checks the drmaa_get_next_attr_name() return code,
>>>comparing it
>>>with DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS and then with
>>>DRMAA_ERRNO_INVALID_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE. If the return code is neither of
>>>these values, the test fails. I understood that the
>>>drmaa_get_next_attr_name() function was supposed to return
>>>DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_MORE_ELEMENTS when the end of the list is reached.
>>>That's
>>>what my lib does, and the therefore the test fails.
>>>
>>>Where am I wrong ?
>>>

>>Nowhere. I will fix this immediately. The more interesting question
>>is while earlier tests with other implementations didn't brought
>>that up (Dan, Andreas ?).
>>

>Ok, I found it. The C-binding spec 1.0 introduced
>DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_MORE_ELEMENTS as new error code (see also tracker
>issue #1173). SGE, Condor and the current test suite where mainly
>implemented according to C-binding v0.95, so this is a historical bug.
>
>Peter.
>

>>Thanks !
>>
>>Peter.
>>

>>>Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>>Matthieu Cargnelli

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *