[drmaa-wg] Re: [Condor-users] no condor drmaa library for windows

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Oct 24 02:05:26 CDT 2005

>   The link "http://sourceforge.net/projects/condor-ext"  doesnt
> contain anything to understand and contribute.

Currently, Sourceforge acts only as CVS repository, nothing more. You
might want to checkout the source code, compile it and see if it runs on
your Condor installation. Binary distributions of the library will only
occure in the context of new Condor 6.7.x releases.

> I was just checking the SGE drmaa for C binding. Can it be altered to
> use for condor on windows???

Might be the case, but this would lead to strong licencing issues. The
DRMAA idea is to have a native, optimized DRMAA C library for each DRM
system. High-level language bindings for DRMAA (Java, Perl) should rely
on the DRMAA-C-version and might therefore work with existing libraries
from different vendors.Dan Templeton, one of the SGE developers, already
described how to port SGE's Java-DRMAA to another system:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/templedf?entry=porting_the_drmaa_java_language

Regards,
Peter.