[drmaa-wg] DRMAA & Cluster Info

Thu Oct 20 15:04:19 CDT 2005

Doug,

Information about the underlying DRM is outside of the current DRMAA
specification's scope.  There is some chance that such functionality may
be addressed in a next generation of the DRMAA spec, but those plans are
not yet firm.

In the meantime, if you're using SGE, you can use qstat -xml to get
cluster information in an XML format.

Daniel

Doug Haigh wrote On 10/20/05 21:58,:

>It does not appear that I as an application developer can get information about the cluster in order to best decide how to split up my application. Is this true?
>
>Can I get the number of hosts involved in the cluster?
>
>Can I get the number of CPUs and memory on those hosts?
>
>Is this future work or is it outside of the DRMAA charter?
>
>Doug

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "So let the sunshine in.  Face it with a grin.  *
*  Smilers never lose, and frowners never win."   *
*      -Let the Sunshine In, Pebbles Flintstone   *