[drmaa-wg] Mandatory support for drmaa_start_time

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Oct 17 12:44:14 CDT 2005

Hi,

the mandatory drmaa_start_time attribute for job templates could
become a problem for the Condor DRMAA implementation. There is no
direct support for such a concept in Condor, and the Condor guys
acknowledged this. I could end up with some strange workaround
(wrapper job for waiting, persistent DRMAA jobs with timed startup by
the library), but  we might also consider to make drmaa_start_time an
optional attribute. I need suggestions ...

Regards,