[drmaa-wg] Another Argument for a DRMAA_ERRNO_UNSUPPORTED_ATTRIBUTE Error Code

Mon Jul 11 06:37:35 CDT 2005

I just uncovered a bug in the DRMAA Java language binding, that stems
directly from the DRMAA_ERRNO_INVALID_ARGUMENT error code being used to
indicate that an optional attribute is unsupported.  Rather obviously,
the bug is that the property setters throw InvalidArgumentException
instead of UnsupportedAttributeException for unsupported attributes,
because the Java language binding can't tell from the C binding whether
the attribute is actually unsupported, or if the attribute is supported,
but the argument to the setter is invalid.

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." *
*                    -Dr. Emmett Brown            *
*                     Back to the Future (1985)   *