[drmaa-wg] drmaa_wait() Clarification

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Mon Jan 24 09:39:31 CST 2005

Thinking about it a little further, I can see where you might have
wanted the spec to say that, but I don't think it's clear.  The spec
says that all calls subsequent to a *successful* call get an error.  In
the case below, neither is successful until step three, and then it's
arguable as to whether the second call is subsequent to the first call's

success or not.
Regardless, my point is that we need to make it clear in the spec,
whatever we decide it should say.

So, is there a reason why the spec is supposed to say that two
concurrent calls can't both succeed?  That sounds very limiting, and I
completely fail to see the advantage.  You can't tell me that it's for
ease of implementation, after the weeks of work I put into implementing
the PartialTimestamp class.

	Memory issues for large number of submitted job situations led
us to
	specify reaping only once semantics.

		Hrabri