[drmaa-wg] drmaa_wif*() Functions

Fri Jan 14 10:13:12 CST 2005

OK.  So non-zero means the exit status is available.  Good.  We still
have two meanings for zero, though.  Zero means that the job exited
abnormally, i.e. without exit status, and more info is available through
drmaa_wifsignaled() and drmaa_wifaborted().  Zero also means that the
job exited normally, but the exit status was lost somewhere along the way.
Do we want to differentiate these two cases?  In the former, one of the
drmaa_wif*() function will return true.  In the later, all drmaa_wif*()
functions wil return false.  Is that differentiation enough?  This
appears to be the use case supported by the C binding example.

Daniel