[drmaa-wg] Session Required?

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Fri Jan 14 09:55:09 CST 2005

We could question if DRMAA_ERRNO_DRM_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE error code
for job template allocation/deallocation implies
DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_ACTIVE_SESSION error is also needed.  While the former
error is reasonable and allows certain degree of flexibility in
implementations the latter is very likely to not be needed.
>From C language standpoint both of the above codes are not necessary,
i.e. job attributes objects should exist outside sessions and DRM run
times.

A better question would be is there a DRM system that requires a session
before jt could be created that we need to support.

My recollection is failing me of we intended things to be as they are.

In OO languages that could depend on the classes organization.  If jt
object belongs to a session object it might require established session
because of its hosting object.  Using the above analysis I would argue
that there is no need for DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_ACTIVE_SESSION errors to be
returned by jt methods.

Could you clarify things Dan?

    -Hrabri