[drmaa-wg] Errors in Lang-Ind Spec

Thu Jan 13 07:50:08 CST 2005

I have a general question.  When we discover a problem in the
language-independent spec, should that problem be addressed in the
binding specs?  For example, the drmaa_init() routine definition does
not indicate that it can return
DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_DEFAULT_CONTACT_STRING_SELECTED even though it should.
Does that mean that the C binding spec should or should not include that
error code in the drmaa_init() function definition?  I could argue it
both ways.  I would lean towards fixing it in the binding spec because
it is less useful to have something that is technically correct but
functionally wrong.