[drmaa-wg] Perl Binding Errors

Matthew Holt mholt at elon.edu
Wed Aug 3 13:33:09 CDT 2005

Hey Everyone,
   I am having trouble with the setup of the Perl Bindings for SGE 6.0. As root, I created a directory for the install as /root/integrate/Schedule-DRMAAc-0.81 and did the following:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/sge/lib/:/usr/local/sge/util/arch/

ln -s $SGE_ROOT/include/drmaa.h

swig -perl5 -exportall Schedule_DRMAAc.i

perl Makefile.pl
-Only possible error was:
   Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lsocket

make

make test

-This is where I ran into the problem.. Everyone one of the tests failed. Here is sample output from what I thought was the most descriptive of the error messages:

Global symbol "$DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS" requires explicit package name at t/08_posix_tests.t line 116.
Global symbol "$DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS" requires explicit package name at t/08_posix_tests.t line 122.
Global symbol "$DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS" requires explicit package name at t/08_posix_tests.t line 130.
Execution of t/08_posix_tests.t aborted due to compilation errors.
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
t/08_posix_tests.......dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-32
        Failed 32/32 tests, 0.00% okay

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
   Matthew Holt