[drmaa-wg] making a custom file path for output

Tim Harsch harsch1 at llnl.gov
Mon Apr 4 13:19:09 CDT 2005

Hi all,
    I have a requirement for the app I'm writing ( using Schedule::DRMAAc )
which I'm trying to implement.

Normally the output files from jobs go to home directory and are of the form
<jobname>.o<jobid>

I want to move the jobs to a subdir in /tmp, but retain the <jobid> in the
filename.  I tried this:

    ( $job_error, $diagnosis ) = drmaa_set_attribute( $jt,
        $DRMAA_OUTPUT_PATH,
        ":" . $tmpdir . '/' .
        __PACKAGE__ .  '.' .
       $DRMAA_PLACEHOLDER_INCR .
        ".out" );

... but PLACEHOLDER is only for parametric jobs, I've been scanning the docs
and have not found a placeholder for job id.  Any ideas on how I could
accomplish this task?

A similar task would be to move the job output path without changing the
filename format at all.  How could I do that?