[Dr-rg] Metadata case studies - early draft

Andreas Aschenbrenner aschenbrenner at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Sun Jul 12 04:02:58 CDT 2009

Dear members of the OGF repository group,

please find attached a first stab at collating the diverse case studies
of digital repositories we have already encountered during our events.
The perspectives on digital repositories are very diverse. We attempted
to better scope the field to facilitate a coherent discussion. The
assumed position may not resonate with all of you, so please feed back
your position and add your own case studies! With all your input we can
hopefully converge towards a common OGF position on digital repositories.

best wishes,
Andi

ps please note that we deliberately moved from the term "use case" to
"case studies". Use cases are usually some abstract snapshots of
particular aspects of a new system. In this document, however, we
attempted to benefit from all the input you have already given in the
DR-RG meetings, and underline that we are not building something new but
merge existing experiences.