[dmis-bof] FW: BOUNCE dmis-bof at ggf.org: Non-member submission from [Toshiyuki Nakata <nakata at mtg.biglobe.ne.jp>]

William E. Allcock allcock at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 15 10:51:53 CST 2006

Forwarding a bounced message.

------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:32:18 +0900
From: Toshiyuki Nakata <nakata at mtg.biglobe.ne.jp>
To: Hiro Kishimoto <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
Cc: allcock at mcs.anl.gov, "'Robert B. Wood'" <Robert.B.Wood at Sun.COM>,
	"'Michel Drescher'" <Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com>,
	dmis-bof at ggf.org, graap-wg at gridforum.org
Subject: Re: [graap-wg] Re: [dmis-bof] Updated Charter

Hi: My name is Toshiyuki Nakata (or just Toshi) one of the members of
GRAAP-WG.
(Hiro: Thank you very much for the pointer)

The WS-Agreement Spec that had been submitted for review can be found in
http://forge.gridforum.org/projects/graap-wg/document/WS-AgreementSpecificat
ionDraft.doc/en/17

There is also a newer one ( which we're currently working on trying to
reflect all the valuable comments made during the Public Comments Period) in

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/graap-wg/document/WS-AgreementSpecifica
tionDraft.doc/en

  I can also send you some tutorial material that I together with
another group member made if you like.

Hope you find it useful.
Best Regards
Toshi

Hiro Kishimoto wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> One more comment.
>
> Scope section says
>
>> This Working Group will define two Web Service interfaces. The first
>
>  > interface deals with the agreement on a particular transport protocol
>  > used for a data movement. The second interface defines the invocation
>  > of the data movement itself, and the associated aspects of
>  > reliability, transfer scheduling, granularity, performance settings,
>  > control, and progress.
>
> Are you familiar with WS-Agreement specification by GRAAP-WG?
> Can you include investigation of applicability of WS-Agreement to
> your interface as an WG's activity?
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto
>
> Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> Thank you very much for revising WG charter document.
>> In general, it sounds good to me.
>>
>> The following is my comments;
>>
>> (1) Goals section
>> Given that GFSG is now asking all WG/RG co-chairs to maintain web based
>> "Living Charter" (see attached OGSA-WG example), I recommend to
>> organize goals section based on deliverable documents.
>>
>> Goals section has list of documents and each document has
>> - title
>> - abstract
>> - type
>> - milestones (date for first draft, public comment, publication)
>>
>> (2) transport document
>> Goals section says this WG will create "transport document" but
>> focus/purpose and scope sections don't mention this. Please
>> explain what is transport document in these previous sections.
>>
>> (3) 7 Q&A document
>> Please update and send out 7 Q&A document as well as charter.
>> You need to provide both to your area director for WG approval.
>>
>> (4) reference
>>
>> "OGSA WSRF Basic Profile Rendering 1.0, GFD.59, T. Maguire, D. Snelling,
>>  Global Grid Forum, January 2006"
>>
>> should be
>>
>> "[OGSA WSRF BP] OGSA WSRF Basic Profile 1.0, Foster, I., Maguire, T.,
>> and Snelling, D. Global Grid Forum, GWD-R, September 2005.

http://www.ggf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/Oct-2005/draft-ggf-ogsa-wsr
f-basic-profile-v43.pdf"