[dmis-bof] Updated Charter

William E. Allcock allcock at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 15 07:59:28 CST 2006

I added the suggested Document goals, but also left the existing table as I
think it gives more detailed info and will be better for tracking WG
progress in the short term.

It has been suggested that DMI is already a well known acronym and we should
change it.  The floor is open for suggestions.  I know that this has already
been panned because by definition we are doing standards, but I am going to
again suggest Data Movement Interface Standardization (DMIS), because it
solves our overlapping acronym problem AND it is easy to say (dee-miss).
Other suggestions?

I have also attached my draft of the 7 questions.

Bill