[dmis-bof] Comments on the charter?

Peter Kunszt peter.kunszt at cern.ch
Mon Dec 19 09:28:53 CST 2005

hi bill

so you're saying that unless everyone agrees to use either WS-I or WSRF,
it does not make sense to discuss the interface at all? that was not our
experience elsewhere. discussing semantics is most of the work. the
rendering is important but should not be the main driver.

of course the aim is that clients can be written such that
it does not matter what transfer service will do the transfer.
what's your count of 4? globus rft, condor stork, glite fts, srb?

anyway, if the agreement here is to support only a WSRF rendering from
the beginning by everyone, of course we can accept that but would be
limited in our ability to participate in an implementation in the short
term. it is our plan to become fully WSRF compliant eventually, but you
know our constraints... so for us to be interoperable on the short term,
we of course will prefer WS-I. but we don't want to block the
standardization process.

cheers
peter