[DFDL-WG] DFDL trademarked?

Sill, Alan Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Wed Mar 13 14:43:24 PDT 2024

Hi Mike,

We wouldn't have taken any action like this unless requested by the group itself. Note that name collisions, including and especially abbreviations, are not uncommon (hence the renaming of the Condor scheduler as High Throughput Condor = HTCondor), etc.

We can let you control the content of https://ogf.org/dfdl/ however. The content there was created under docuwiki and included on the conversion of the OGF web site, but is now maintained in its translated html format. If you prefer, we can create a subdomain of dfdl.ogf.org<http://dfdl.ogf.org/> and you can use any tool (ideally deployed from an OGF GIHub repository using GitHub Pages) to create that site content, and once this is ready we can create a redirect from the previous link to this new web site.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Alan