[DFDL-WG] Action 320: Migration to Github from redmine trackers

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:05:02 EST 2020

We have 3 trackers left on redmine for DFDL v1.0 version.

I propose these be re-created as github issues as public comments, and they
be closed on redmine.

The 16 redmine issues targeted at DFDL v2.0 version should become issue
trackers on the DFDL project repository. Note that this is a separate pool
of trackers from the public comments, which are trackers on the editor
github repo, not the DFDL repo.

That would then end use of redmine trackers.

Going forward, if a public comment is resolved by being tracked for
consideration in DFDL v2.0, then the public comment would be closed and a
DFDL project issue opened reflecting the content of the public comment.

As for the documents, I am not yet proposing a migration strategy for that,
nor am I clear on what the replacement on github is for redmine "news".
The trackers, documents, and news appear to be the only redmine features we
were using.

Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL Workgroup Co-Chair | Owl Cyber Defense |
www.owlcyberdefense.com