[DFDL-WG] RFC 2119 word usage in DFDL Spec

Jensen, Jens (STFC,RAL,SC) jens.jensen at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 13:03:17 EDT 2019

Hi Mike,

The usual convention is if you use the words in the RFC 2119 sense,
they're upper case (and you'd include a line saying this somewhere). If
they're lower case as in your example below, I would not interpret it as
an RFC 2119 key word.

Conversely, your later sentence might then be rephrased as "If the
representation is ambiguous [..] the Unparser MUST flag a schema
definition error" - or some such. Maybe even "representation properties
MAY be used to eliminate the ambiguity" [in order to emphasise that this
is optional]

Regards
--jens