[DFDL-WG] DFDL inputValueCalc restrictions

Bradd Kadlecik braddk at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 25 11:48:54 EDT 2019

Hello,

I have one item I'd like to discuss at some point regarding inputValueCalc
and not allowing the default property to be specified.  I have a use case
where the default property would be useful for unparse.  It makes perfect
sense to not allow it for outputValueCalc however.

The use case is in forming a connection between an inputValueCalc element
and an outputValueCalc element where the incoming document might not
contain the inputValueCalc element for unparse and a default value would be
desired for the outputValueCalc use.  This is an item our customers using
DFDL would like to make use of but don't want to require the element to
always exist for unparse.

 Regards,

 Bradd Kadlecik
 z/TPF Development

 Phone: 1-845-433-1573                                                2455 South Rd
 E-mail: braddk at us.ibm.com                                         Poughkeepsie, NY
                                                                         12601-5400
                                                                      United States