[DFDL-WG] DFDL inputValueCalc restrictions

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:53:48 EDT 2019

So my albeit clumsy workaround does achieve that. When unparsing the myIVC
element doesn't need to be in the infoset.

Daffodil, when unparsing, would look at the stream of infoset events, NOT
find one for myIVC, (it would find one for something else presumably) and
assume the choice has to go to the other branch which is an empty sequence.

It would then determine that NOT finding the myOVC element, it would
synthesize one, and try to evaluate the OVC to give it a value. Actually,
even if it finds myOVC in the infoset it's still going to evaluate the OVC
calculation and overwrite the value.

So this may be "a" solution, albeit not necessarily the most desirable one.