[DFDL-WG] Errata doc updated with draft errata 5.39 to 5.59 - from all Trackers

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:50:02 EDT 2019

I have updated our document gwde-dfdl-experience-4-v0.9.docx (The Errata
doc) with draft errata for all known issues that had trackers. This adds
Errata 5.39 to 5.59.

This is mostly just copying language that was in the trackers into the
Errata document, but in some cases language had to be consolidated across
the original tracker description and subsequent update comments. In some
cases I had to compose descriptive language.

5.41 is not complete, as it involves review of all occurrences of MUST,
MUST NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, etc. throughout the document. I plan to
handle this after all other errata are incorporated into the spec, with a
single sweep, then people can review by looking for those keywords.

In reviewing these errata, I suggest they are bucketed into those that are
not controversial, and are best reviewed by editing them into the
specification, and reviewing there, versus those where there is more
concern as to whether the described change is correct and complete.

The list of these new errata is below. They are not controversial (to me)
except where noted.

5.39
5.40
5.41 - one identified change not controvercial. The sweeping pass to
examine all MUST/SHOULD, etc. is separate.
5.42
5.43
5.44 - needs careful review
5.45 - needs careful review
5.46 - new language - needs review. It is a lengthy discussion. Perhaps can
be made shorter ?
5.47 - needs careful review
5.48 - do we need all 3 overloads of fn:error()? - also, all behavior here
is very implementation-dependent.
5.49
5.50
5.51
5.52
5.53
5.54
5.55
5.56
5.57
5.58
5.59 - needs careful review - description may not match desired/actual
behavior of implemetations