[DFDL-WG] Part 1 - Re: Action 307 - Demonstrate implementation interoperability

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 10 05:24:15 EDT 2018

I think the main thing with BOMs is that when support is added by an
implementation, it should not break existing behaviour for a document that
starts with a BOM.  So if a user had a schema that explicitly modelled the
BOM, or was treating BOM as a character so it appeared in the infoset,
then a BOM aware implementation should not suddenly change that.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group
smh at uk.ibm.com