[DFDL-WG] serialize/unparse question

Bing Lu mfcplus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 10:45:17 EDT 2017

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Mike Beckerle<mbeckerle at tresys.com> wrote:   #yiv7388581842 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Let me see if I understand your question w.r.t. Daffodil.

You have a DFDL Schema. You have a java object created based on it using JAXB. You want to unparse that data object to the DFDL-described format.

The challenge here is that the JAXB object is not the same object as a Daffodil infoset object. So cannot be immediately unparsed directly. However, if you serialize your JAXB object to XML text, then you can unparse from the XML text.

If this is the correct interpretation of your question, I'll get a link to the example Java code for you to show how to do this.

...mike beckerle