[DFDL-WG] clarification: textBooleanTrue/FalseRep cannot be empty string? textStandardNaNRep and friends cannot be empty string.

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:40:30 EDT 2016

I believe the analogy is not quite right.

For zero, having textStandardZeroRep "" means that the "ordinary" string
for zero i.e., "0" means zero. There's an implied string conceptually.

But for NaN and Inf there is no "ordinary" string to fall back on. They
would have to cause an error. I think just prohibiting these from being ""
is a better choice.

....mikeb