[DFDL-WG] OGF DFDL WG Call Agenda 2016-02-16

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Mar 1 13:12:13 EST 2016

Hi Michele

Please can you send the original spreadsheet ? I want to add another
column to record the discussion on the WG call.

Here is an example of where I do not think the relative path is correct.
The discriminator expression should be {../Transfer_Frame_Version in [0]}.
In infoset terms, Spacecraft_Id_V1 is a sibling of Transfer_Frame_Version.

Also you said that you saw no need to implement DFDL assert - so what are
the dmx:assertExpression attributes doing?

        <xs:complexType name="TypeMasterChId">
                <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element name="Transfer_Frame_Version"
type="xs:int" dfdl:lengthKind="explicit" dfdl:lengthUnits="bits"
dfdl:length="2" dmx:representation="Integer16"
                                dmx:assertExpression
="../Transfer_Frame_Version eq 1" dmx:assertMessage="Invalid TF version
detected." dmx:assertPropagate="true"/>
                        <xs:choice>
                                <xs:element name="Spacecraft_Id_V1"
type="xs:int" dfdl:lengthKind="explicit" dfdl:lengthUnits="bits"
dfdl:length="10" dmx:representation="Integer32" >
                                        <xs:annotation>
                                                <xs:appinfo source="
http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/dfdl-1.0/">

<dfdl:discriminator test="{./Transfer_Frame_Version in [0]}" />
                                                </xs:appinfo>
                                        </xs:annotation>
                                </xs:element>
                                <xs:element name="Spacecraft_Id_V2"
type="xs:int" dfdl:lengthKind="explicit" dfdl:lengthUnits="bits"
dfdl:length="8"  dmx:representation="UInteger8"
                                        dmx:assertExpression
="../Spacecraft_Id_V2 in [82, 83, 84]" dmx:assertMessage="Invalid
Spacecraft ID detected.">
                                        <xs:annotation>
                                                <xs:appinfo source="
http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/dfdl-1.0/">