[DFDL-WG] [DFDL]: Apply daffodil on S2G mission schemas

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:03:49 EDT 2016

I realize I never responded directly to this email.

We created two improvement requests for the Daffodil issues raised here.

https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/jira/browse/DFDL-1513  is about the
true vs. fn:true() issue, and the uninformative diagnostic message Daffodil
produces when you write "true" but should have written "fn:true()" in a
DFDL expression.

https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/jira/browse/DFDL-1512 is about the
uninformative diagnostic when one puts a prefixed property like dfdl:length
into a dfdl format annotation like dfdl:simpleType, rather than stripping
off that dfdl: prefix from the property. This is such a common cut/paste
error that the diagnostic message should be very specific at suggesting
what is wrong.