[DFDL-WG] Action 282 (was Re: Fw: [DFDL]: First Release of DFDL4S Parser Library)

Michele Zundo michele.zundo at esa.int
Tue Sep 22 12:21:00 EDT 2015

Dear Steve,

nice to hear things are moving.

The syntax below seems both reasonable and readable to me which is a good thing.

It addresses the belonging to decimal groups (integer only ??) I understand. (xs:decimal)

1) It might be also useful (not in our application but in general) to see if it makes sense also to define
for dfdl:checkValues belongings to set of “enum” like value

e.g. if we have a type for $val defined as (ON, OFF or STANDBY) or (MARRIED, SINGLE, WIDOWER)
can we also define a syntax that the $node belongs to it ?

2) for dfdl:checkRange it might make sense also to allow float numbers e.g.  X between 3.1 to 9.5

Michele

PS I will forward this proposal to our DFDL4S developers (in copy) to get their thinking.

e-mail: michele.zundo at esa.int

content is not permitted.