[DFDL-WG] [DFDL]: First Release of DFDL4S Parser Library

Michele Zundo michele.zundo at esa.int
Wed May 6 06:44:41 EDT 2015

On this specific point I understand that the version of the DFDL language is still 1.0,  what I was referring to is having an incremental versioning of the document (not on the version of the language) and not relying only on the date for configuration management. Anyway do not worry now is clear.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

> On 06 May 2015, at 11:23, Steve Hanson <smh at uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Please note that the DFDL 1.0 specification was re-published in October 2014, replacing and obsoleting the version from January 2011.  Does S2G comply with the October 2014 version (https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.207.pdf) ?
>
> SMH: There is only DFDL version 1.0 and it is October 2014. The original specification from January 2011 needed many corrections and additions to the document. However only a few small additions to the actual syntax of the language. The WG decided to keep the version at 1.0 so that all existing schemas (mainly written by IBM customers) remained compliant. If a new release appears in the future then that will be 1.1 or 2.0.  I would guess that the S2G subset is compliant with October 2014 but worth checking.

content is not permitted.