[DFDL-WG] elementFormDefault and the form attribute on element declarations

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:24:46 EDT 2014

Neither the term "elementFormDefault" nor the term "unqualified" appear in
the DFDL Spec. So we're silent about whether these are allowed or not in
DFDL schemas.

We should specify what of this XML Schema behavior is allowed, which I
believe means add a line to each of the lists in section 5.1 of things used
and not-used/reserved from XML Schema.

FYI: Today the Daffodil implementation implements elementFormDefault on the
xs:schema but not the form attribute on element declarations. We have tests
that exercise elementFormDefault in qualified and unqualified and not
specified at all (which defaults to "unqualified" behavior in XSD, so we're
consistent with that.)