[DFDL-WG] Initiator with leading variable text

John Coutinh john.coutinh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:38:47 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I have the following data to parse.

0000|HEADER|value1|value2|value3
0001|CONTROLRECORD|value1|value2|value3
0001|RECORDTYPE1|value101|value101
0002|CONTROLRECORD|value10|value20|value30
0002|RECORDTYPE1|value1010|value1010
0000|TRAILER|value1|value2|value3

The header and trailer are always prefixed with '0000'. I am having trouble
with the CONTROLRECORD.
The *number* '0001' before '|CONTROLRECORD|' applies to following record
types until the next *number*|CONTROLRECORD|.
Can an initiator include a regular expression as part of it's text. If
however possible, could an example be provided.
I tried using setVariable based on the *number *with no success.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
John