[DFDL-WG] stop bit encoding

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:50:39 EDT 2014

The FIX protocols (financial interchange)  make use of stop bit encoding.
I have heard of other places using this also. This is modern, current,
non-legacy usage.

This is the length encoding where the most-significant bit of a byte is
used to determine whether there are more ASCII characters or not. The last
byte will have the most-significant bit of 1, prior bytes most-significant
bit of 0. Minimum length in this length kind is 1.

It seems we are missing this lengthKind, which applies only to text in the
ASCII/US-ASCII encoding.