[DFDL-WG] Fw: dfdl github - mil-std-2045 schema updated

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Dec 2 05:16:24 EST 2014

Forwarding to WG. Agenda item on today's call.

Architect, IBM DFDL
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848
----- Forwarded by Steve Hanson/UK/IBM on 02/12/2014 10:11 -----

From:   Steve Hanson/UK/IBM
To:     Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
Cc:     Alex Wood1/UK/IBM at IBMGB
Date:   28/11/2014 16:45
Subject:        Re: [DFDL-WG] dfdl github - mil-std-2045 schema updated

Mike

Some more.  The hiddenGroupRefs revealed another bug in IBM DFDL (not
surprising as we don't support them yet but have a lot of code in the
editor to display hidden groups nonetheless). Fixing that caused some more
validation to take place which revealed some more errors. I've added them
below.

I also notice that your XPath comparisons are using '=' rather than 'eq',
that is, a general comparison rather than a value comparison. My reading
of section 23.4 of the DFDL spec is that DFDL expressions do not support
general comparisons.

Architect, IBM DFDL
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848