[DFDL-WG] Latest draft of DFDL 1.0 specification - trackers created

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Mon Sep 16 10:43:21 EDT 2013

Alan, Greg

Thanks for reviewing the set of documents so quickly and getting them into
public comment stage.

I've updated the tracker to record a couple of reasons why a reduced
public comment period would be appreciated.
https://redmine.ogf.org/issues/117.

I note your comment that a standard public comment period would lessen the
need for another round of changes. In practice it will not make any
difference. Given where the two implementations are, with some spec
features still to be implemented, it is inevitable that more errata will
be found over the next year, so the WG anticipates that a further revision
will be needed regardless. It is this next revision that the WG would move
through to full Grid Recommendation.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848