[DFDL-WG] Latest draft of DFDL 1.0 specification

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Sep 11 10:49:16 EDT 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 9:08 AM, Steve Hanson <smh at uk.ibm.com>
 wrote:

> When you say 'new version' what does that imply about version numbers? The WG still considers what we are working on to be DFDL 1.0 plus errata. Are you suggesting that the new revision is 1.1 ?

OGF doesn't generally have a concept or framework for revision numbers for specifications. Some working groups do number their specifications, and we leave this to the work group to manage.

The process of obsoleting and replacing a document does give a good opportunity for changing an internally-managed revision number.

Regarding the next DFDL call, this will be during OGF 39. I could try to join, but that time overlaps one of the sessions that I should attend. Perhaps David or Greg (or both) could attend your call at 16:00 Tues 17th September?  If so, please provide details.  We'll be happy to communicate with you as much as possible on this topic before then, of course.

Alan