[DFDL-WG] IBM DFDL error messages

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Oct 31 13:38:20 EDT 2013

IBM is sharing the error messages that it issues for schema definition
errors in order to assist other DFDL implementations.

Attached are the IBM DFDL model component and validator component error
messages. Between them they should cover all SDEs, except those caused by
violation of XML 1.0 and base XML Schema 1.0 rules - we just echo what we
get back from the EMF code.

Notice that the messages all have a consistent structure for the text.
However considerable rationalisation is possible if one combines error
messages that are essentially the same and use appropriate inserts. If the
DFDL WG agrees that is the right thing to do then IBM can do this and
re-distribute.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com